- Serves: 2
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Difficulty Level: **
- spaghetti (number 3) 250 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 streaky bacon rashers,thinly sliced
- 17g butter
- 2 cloves of garlic,thinly sliced
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems dscarded, caps sliced
- 150g shimeji mushrooms, pulled apart
- 1.5 tablespoons mirin
- 500ml dashi
- 1.5 tablespoons japanese soy sauce
- Large pinch of ground white pepper
- 100g enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed and pulled apart
- few chive, chopped
How to Cook
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook about 10 minutes or according to the manufacturer's instructions until cooked. Drain, rinse well.
Heat the sesame and oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, then add the bacon and cook for a few minutes, or until slightly crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add most of the butter and all the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until slightly golden. Immediately add the shiitake and shimeji mushrooms and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened.
Add the mirin and cook for 1 minute, then add the dashi, soy sauce, white pepper and bacon to the pan, bring to the boil, then cook for 8 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
Add the remaining butter, the enoki and the spaghetti to the pan and stir to combine and heat through.
Season to taste with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Divide among two deep noodle bowls.Sprinkle some chive on top.